Saturday, February 10, 2018

Entertainment Weekly 2.10.18

As always, lots of work work work over here...I managed to do some socializing, too, the last couple of weekends which I'm totally using as an excuse for my lack of posting. Lately I've been

Reading: Alice Waters' Coming to My Senses: the Making of a Counterculture Cook. Obsessed. It's as engaging as a novel, inspiring as a cookbook (even without recipes). Even if you're not as into food culture as I am (or even at all), read it!

Listening: the Fearless Rebelle Radio podcast. I know I mentioned it before, but I just can't get over how amazing it is! This week Summer interviewed Tiana Dodson and she had some powerful words: "when I can see myself as someone of value, I can see everyone else as valuable". This was in the context of fat acceptance/activism, but 100% applies in all facets of life. LOVED IT.

Watching: Is it too embarrassing to admit I've been watching Pretty Little Liars? I needed another mindless-ish, pretty show to play in the background when I'm cooking, cleaning, etc. and it fit the bill...Highly problematic but oh so entertaining.

Finally tried Harpoon's pretzels last weekend-I've been missing out!

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment