Saturday, February 11, 2017

Entertainment Weekly 2.11.17


With these couple of snow days, I've had some extra time to catch up on my stories...dare I say I've had too much Netflix?

Reading: Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I love. love. love. cookbooks. My brother got me an autographed copy of the Flour cookbook (along with a gift card to the bakery itself) for Christmas and with my new task of celebrating my coworkers' birthdays, along with needing to do some Valentine's Day baking, I've been planning out some treats to come...

Listening: Joshua Radin recently released his latest album, The Fall and, no surprise, I love it. I've been following him ever since I was in high school, when my mom had to convince me to go with her to his concert at the Ark (on a school night!). I've been to embarrassing number of his concerts in Ann Arbor, Detroit, New York, Boston, and even Berlin when I studied abroad there. But I keep going because not only is his music fantastic but so is his stage presence and performance. Do yourself a favor and check him out. 



Watching: Dad and I saw Hidden Figures and it. was. amazing. I had been meaning to go for a while, and finally got around to it. Dad had heard of it, but was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster! It really was executed so well on every level. The tragedy, of course, being not only the lack of recognition received by these women during their work, but also the continued relevance of so much of the racial tension and commentary.

Any recommendations for next week's entertainment?

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment