Saturday, June 17, 2017

Entertainment Weekly 6.17.17

It's been a crazy couple of weeks...lots of socializing alongside some intense time at work. It's the end of the school year, so you'd think things would be cooling down...alas, that is not the case. Between having to address issues with schools, favorite coworkers leaving either temporarily or permanently, conferences, and the day-to-day unexpected, I've been too exhausted to even open my computer most nights! Thankfully, I've still had time to enjoy some good entertainment...

Reading: I am so into All the Single Ladies by Rebecca Traister. The author does a great job discussing the past and current situations of single women of varying races and SES-I reallllly appreciate that she doesn't fall prey to the frequent Ivory Tower trap of discussing only middle class white women.

Listening: I've been into my ladies lately-Schuyler Fisk and Tristan Prettyman. I've needed a little girl power as I get back into dating-plus they are great to sing along to!


Watching: Wonder Woman, duh! I've seen it twice-and would see it again. You can read my thoughts on it here-there's been a lot of controversy, most nonsense but some bringing up valid points to discuss.

Have a great weekend-and stay tuned for a shout out to my dad!

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment