Saturday, January 21, 2017

Oh hello there!

Hello friends (and friends-to-be)!

It's been a long time since I channeled any creativity into writing. I was actively involved in music (my beautiful a cappella group For Good Measure) and theatre (Ann Arbor Civic, Rosedale Community Players, Birmingham Village Players, the Brass Tacks Ensemble...) in the Ann Arbor and Metro Detroit area while I lived there. For the last few years, the most creative I've gotten in my writing has been coming up with different ways to articulate goals and describe building rapport with clients while working as a therapist.

However, since I moved to New England in August, my hours at work have shifted and my commute has increased such that any performance-related activity is currently impossible, so I'm giving this another shot. Now, for the classic introductory post...



I'm a 27-year-old lady who recently moved from my hometown of Ann Arbor, MI to my dad's home in Providence, RI. I commute on a daily basis to South Boston where I serve children and families as a social worker-and love it. I used to be a therapist (and definitely miss it) but am really enjoying getting to build more expansive relationships with the youth I serve in my new role.

I love living with my dad-we haven't been even in the same state since I was in high school-but I've finally started searching for housing in Boston. In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy getting to see my dad nearly every day-and having a dog again! I don't think my cat loves it quite as much...but she does appreciate having another person to take care of her when I have to work late or actually have some social time after work!

We love to take Binker to the beach! 

Triss is more into snuggles...

As I work toward finding my written voice again, I'll be exploring a number of my interests and passions, including vegetarian cooking, baking, (lots of) eating, binge-watching Netflix, social justice, books, shopping, travel, music, and exploring my new home with friends and family. So please forgive some jumping around as I find my niche...hopefully it will come quickly!

xoxoxo
Emma

P.S. The title of my blog is borrowed from the lyrics of one of my recent favorite bands, Us the Duo. I can't wait to see them perform in February! I chose it for how important I think the concept is for me personally as well as for the world...more to come on both, I'm sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment