Saturday, March 11, 2017

Entertainment Weekly 3.11.17

I missed a week or two...whoops! Don't panic, everyone-I'm alive and back with more commuting entertainment!

Reading: I finally got the second book in the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss from Overdrive! My friend Scott recommended them to me before I left Ann Arbor, and while they are not my usual genre (fantasy/scifi but not young adult), they are very engaging. The level of detail in the world created within it really is excellent and the characters make you root for them.

Listening: A song, "I Can Do Better Than That", from the movie recording of The Last Five Years was on Spotify's Discover Weekly and it inspired me to listen to the full original off-Broadway recording from 2013. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed that show-and how much it still moves me. "If I Didn't Believe In You" and "Still Hurting" never fail to make me tear up.



Watching: Dad and I saw Logan last weekend-of course! For those of you who know us this should come as no surprise due to his obsession with superheroes and my habit of watching all superhero movies and TV shows. It was rather gory for my taste, but that is true to the original character. I really appreciated the general character development, and the actress who played Laura, Dafne Keen, was amazing. I'm excited to see where she goes next!

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment