Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Madison Wedding Weekend!

I was lucky to return to Madison so soon after my last trip there-this time to celebrate Caroline and Patrick's wedding! I didn't take a lot of photos there, as there's no way I could compete with the real photographer, but trust me when I say it was beautiful.
I arrived early Saturday morning-and when I say early, I mean 8:30am and nobody else was awake. Thankfully the hotel was able to give me an early check-in, so I swung by Tailgate Coffee (also a clothing shop!) and Dough Baby Bakery to pick up my favorite treats and chill in the room for a bit. I don't nap, unfortunately, so I was going to have to power through from my 3:00am wakeup.
I took a stroll up the street to find a card for the wedding-I knew I'd be able to find a cool one in one of the little shops that line the way to the Capitol. I am now obsessed with Madison Modern Market-but managed not to buy anything other than the card! I was very proud :)

A bunch of us Michigania people, plus Erica and Erik, met up at the alumni bar to watch as much of the game as we could before the welcome dinner. Michigan has not been playing up to expectations, but it's always fun to watch with my people.

I headed back to the hotel to meet up with Leslie and Michael (and snuggle their sweet dog Harley!), then headed over to the welcome party with them at a local park. It was super hot out, but still a good time! We eventually had to make our way to some air-conditioning, so of course went to our favorite piano bar, the Ivory Room, with the rest of the Michigania gang.
The wedding was Sunday afternoon, so Leslie, Michael, and I spent our morning walking around the UW campus area with Harley. We picked up more doughnuts (of course!) and nitro cold brew coffee from Colectivo before strolling over to the UW Memorial Terrace. My brother Lucas met up with us there (he happened to be in town for another wedding the same weekend!) to partake in the doughnuts as our brunch appetizer.
We then drove over to Everly, where we had a delicious-and super trendy-brunch. The matcha latté and summer salad were both gorgeous and delicious. If I lived in Madison, I have a feeling I would end up there a lot-I want everything on the menu!
Finally it was time to get ready for the wedding-which of course involved some sparkling wine! I must say, Leslie and Michael are one of my favorite couples to third-wheel, ha. We took an Uber over to Monona Terrace with Sheila, Cat, and Sam and did our best to stay in the shade until it was time to be seated. A gorgeous view, but boy was it hot-about 90 degrees! After the gorgeous ceremony, we had some drinks and nibbles, and of course our mini photo shoot. Who could pass up these lake views?

The reception was inside and so much fun. As always, I danced the night away, barely taking a break. I may be a terrible dancer, but I like to think that I make everyone comfortable to get on the floor! Caroline and Patrick did a great job of making sure they talked to everybody-and danced with them too!
My flight back wasn't until Monday evening, so I got to walk around Madison some more in the morning, and even meet Erica for lunch! We swung by the food carts then headed back to the UW Terrace to enjoy our food with a view. We even finally managed to get a picture in the chair-an oversized version of the ones all over the Terrace and a classic photo op.
After lunch I wandered some more, got my cheese curd and New Glarus fix at the Tipsy Cow, hit up Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream, and eventually made my way to the airport. Of course this was the time my flight was delayed, but I made it home and even to work the next day. A weekend well worth it-congratulations, Caroline and Patrick! It was an honor to share in your special day.

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment