Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Eat Local: Rooftop at the Providence G

It's been a while since one of these posts! I had to get this one up pretty promptly, though, so y'all can take advantage of the excellent deal and deliciousness of Providence Restaurant Week. There's a number of participating restaurants doing 3-course $16.95 for lunch or $29.95/$34.95 for dinner-some of them even two-for-one deals!

I went down to Providence for the day on Monday with the express goals of doing almost nothing and eating delicious food-mission accomplished, ha! Rici, Dad, and I decided to try out a new place for dinner, Rooftop at the Providence G. None of us had eaten there before, but the menu looked great and we could make a reservation online (a not infrequent deciding factor for me).
We all opted for cocktails-the Fig Fusion, St. Goose, and East Ghost RI, then made our selections from the Restaurant Week menu. They also had their full menu available.
Dad and I both started with the black truffle cauliflower soup, while Rici ordered the fried artichokes. The soup was probably my favorite thing all night-but was super rich. The artichokes were a pretty sizable serving, so we all tried-and enjoyed-them and Rici still had some to take home with her, ha.

We got three different main dishes. Naturally I got the vegetarian one, beet root gnocchi, while Rici got a wood oven roasted chicken and Dad went for the grilled rare tuna. They were all beautifully presented and delicious!
We finished with dessert-something I rarely order out, so it is a special treat during restaurant week. Again, we all made different selections and got to taste each others-I had the lavender creme brûlée, Rici had the flourless chocolate cake, and Dad enjoyed the berry mousse. While they were all tasty, we agreed that the chocolate cake could have been improved by heating it before serving and the creme brûlée was a little too sweet for my taste, though the flavors were great.

The space is quite lovely, though a little chilly-as it literally is a rooftop with a glass roof over it for the winter! They have some cafe tables, a bar, and lounge seating. There was also live music, which we definitely enjoyed! It seems this is a regular thing there, so it would also be a great location just for drinks.

I would highly recommend checking the Rooftop-and I know I can't wait to go back in the summer when you truly are outside!

xoxoxo
Emma

1 comment: