Friday, April 14, 2017

Eat Local: Celestial Cafe

I came across an Instagram post featuring Celestial Cafe and saved it for a day when I might have more time...most nights I get home just in time to have a cup of tea (or glass of wine) before bed. Dad and I made the "trip" to go to dinner there and it was absolutely worth it! I love their focus on supporting local farms and therefore incorporating seasonal ingredients.

Dad started with the citrus pesto calamari, while I had the dish which inspired the trip, the sweet potato wonton. Oh my were they delicious!
The seasonal menu was so appealing that even Dad opted for a vegetarian main, the RI mushroom, kale, and onion risotto. I had a dish with similar ingredients, the gnocchi veggie aglio e olio, but an entirely different presentation. Both were delicious and satisfying-I so appreciate it when restaurants serve a reasonable portion! I do enjoy my leftovers, but many things just do not keep as well and I hate to waste food, especially when it's this delicious.

As always, I am very much looking forward to going back! There are a number of dishes I just can't wait to try...plus, we were too full for dessert and that is not ok! :)

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment