Saturday, April 8, 2017

Entertainment Weekly 4.8.17

Three weeks in a row whaaat? To be fair, there's a good chance this won't be happening next week...I'm finally moving to Boston! Dreading the move part, excited about the living in Somerville part...more to come for sure!

Reading: I'm cheating and posting about what I'm excited to start reading: The Mother of All Things by Rebecca Solnit. I loved Men Explain Things to Me, so when I came across this follow up I had to purchase it immediately.

Listening: I gave in and started listening to Pod Save America. I get rather overwhelmed with the news and absolutely hate watching it, though I will watch shows like Last Week Tonight and Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. This podcast is produced by four former Obama aides who do a great job of breaking down what is actually happening.

Watching: I finally saw Get Out! I have been meaning to forever-despite absolutely never watching horror movies. It's really more of a social commentary playing on horror movie tropes-and there are already numerous reviews and reflections on it better than I could write. Suffice to say, you should see it, read articles like this one about it, and listen to the interviews with Jordan Peele. Absolute brilliance.

Now I have got to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day...it finally feels like spring!

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment