Saturday, February 25, 2017

Entertainment Weekly 2.25.17

With traveling to this weekend to visit Alexa and Jack, I had to make sure I have plenty to occupy myself during the flights and layovers! You'd think there would be a direct flight from Boston to Pittsburgh but apparently not...

Reading: I'm still making my way through the Beka Cooper trilogy. I'm on the third one, though, so I'm sure by the time I return to Boston I'll be on to something else! These books tell the story of a young woman defying expectations based on gender and class to become a Dog, the early equivalent of law enforcement. The secondary (and beyond) characters are just as well-written, and there's just enough magic to be exciting without overpowering it.

Listening: I don't think I'll be making it to the concert myself, but in case any of y'all are looking for something fun in Boston Monday night: Colony House. They're a newer indie rock quartet with beautiful music and thoughtful lyrics-and some very danceable songs. They just released their second full length album and it is awesome.


Watching: Well, Dad and I tried to see Moonlight or I Am Not Your Negro last weekend-in honor of #notmypresidentsday-but there was not a single theater showing it within 45 minutes of Providence! We were pretty appalled by this, especially with the number of mainstream and alternative theaters nearby. I'm very curious about the demographics of the areas showing them vs. not. I still certainly mean to see both...perhaps before I return to Providence one night after work. We are really enjoying all of our family sitcoms: Fresh off the Boat, Black-ish, and Modern Family. 

As always , please pass on your recommendations as well!

xoxoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment